The School of Medicine at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville is a nationally-ranked School in a nationally-ranked University in a nationally-ranked city. One of the original schools in Thomas Jefferson's founding of the University of Virginia.
<!---Please do not add content here. This block is the element that adds the blue separation between the top and bottom section.--->
- Sound Waves as Effective as Brain Surgery at Treating Essential Tremor
- Baffling Lab Mystery Leads to Major Red Blood Cell Discovery
- Powerful Microscope Solves Plant Virus Mystery – and Could Help Humans
- New Test Predicts Teens’ Future Risk of Heart Disease
- Scientists Create Immunity to Deadly Parasite By Manipulating Host’s Genes
- Fertilization Discovery: Do Sperm Have Tiny Harpoons?
- Cancer-Causing KSHV Herpes Virus in Tonsils
- Welcome Class of 2019
- New Way to Detect Cancers
- Life-Saving Drugs Untaken in Appalachia
Follow us on...
- Seasonal Flu Vaccination Plan
- SOM Emergency Planning
- Academic Strategic Planning
- State of the School (login)
Thank you for your interest in the University of Virginia School of Medicine.
Learn more about...
Research Training (PhD):
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff
2015 Seasonal Flu Vaccination Plan:
UVA School of Medicine mandates that all employees receive a yearly influenza vaccination unless acceptable exemptions apply. Click here for more information, including the UVa Health System Seasonal Flu Vaccination Clinic Schedule and the exemption form.
In recognition of the key roles faculty play in academic health center performance–including delivering excellent healthcare, conducting ground-breaking research, and teaching the next generation of doctors...[more]
The School of Medicine at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville: A top ranked school in a top ranked University in a top ranked city. Come for a visit; you'll be tempted to stay.